Sunday, June 27, 2010

"I hope you dance..........."

Here is my take on the "Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge" #59. The sketch and challenge details can be found HERE. Lately I've been seeing lots of beautiful creations featuring vintage photos. I didn't have any of my own so I improvised using an old dance picture of my daughter Kay. I changed the hue and saturation in Photoshop creating a more sepia/vintage look. After printing the new image I cut it out using an oval nestie. I then applied several layers of "UTEE" to simulate the cracked glass look. Delicate patterned papers and bling pulled the sketch together.




The details:

Paper:          SU Pink Pirouette, DCWV "Be Mine " collection and the "Luxury Stack", Memory Box "Gossamer" collection.

Ink:              Ranger Distress Ink "Vintage Photo, "Spun Sugar"

Other:          Roses from "Wild Orchid Crafts" ( airbrushed with copic makers E21 and RV32, Lace trim from Joanne Fabrics, MS glitter (dance shoes), Recollections crystal swirl, UTEE,


Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT week!

Holly

5 comments:

  1. Holly, this is so AMAZING I don't know what to say, except this is DYNAMITE!!! Your crackled image, distressing, dp's, flowers, bling, lace and sparkly dance shoes are something to behold. You did an OUTSTANDING job on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Thanks SO MUCH for joining us and I hope you can come out to play with us again next week!

    Hugs
    pam
    MMSC-GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi holly

    you did a great job, I like the vintage look.
    and I also like the beautiful roses and glitter.
    verry,verry, pretty


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond gorgeous, it's just over the top stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love the vintage look and the cracked glass of the image, just a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy this is stunning and made even more special because it has a picture of your loved one on it. What grandparent wouldn't flip getting something like this in the mail. I love the cracked glass technique. Beautifully done! Great job with the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete