Sunday, January 3, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARD

Hello and Happy New Year! With just a few days to spare, here is a BD card for my Dad. Masculine cards are not my specialty and keeping it clean and simple was a tough one! I SO wanted to glitter it up.




Stamps:          Inkadinkado

Paper:             SU Brilliant Blue, GP

Ink:                 Memento Danube Blue

Other:              MS "Happy Birthday" punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, SU piercing template, sponge, Ballet Blue SU marker, Generic brand dewdrops.

For some reason these paper and ink colors worked best for me......To color my dewdrops I punch out circles using a standard hole punch. I glue them to the card and then glue the DD on top. This way I easily coordinate them with my project. This method works great with design paper as well. Also, I sponged Danbue blue around the edges of the focal image and the embossed panel.

Im looking forward to Valentine'sDay and Spring cards with lots of ribbon, flowers and glitz! Hope to see you back soon!

Holly

2 comments:

  1. Wow, very pretty, love how you inked the embossed part,great layout.
    Love the blue & the dew drops are a great touch!
    Aloha & Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is is great very Masculine!! Your Dad willlove it. Thanks for the sweet comment you left on Splitcoast. I have gotten so many pepole addicted to the Sweet Pea Stamp images once they seen them on my blog. I just got my first order about a week ago!! And I order everone of the plates!! A Christmas present from my children!! When I first saw these I was in love and once I colored my 1st image I was eveen more in love!! They are so fun to color!!
    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete